Each part that goes into CoolTek Computers will be discussed in great detail below and why they were specifically chosen for these custom builds. We hope you will appreciate us taking the time to explain and thank you for reading.
- Full Tower Desktop Case – As the first thing to any computer, one must have or start with the case. We chose the DIY Skyline Full Tower ATX Case for several reasons. The full tower case allows for better airflow and room for the components. It also offers several pre-installed fans. Two at the top, two on the front, one on the back, and one additional 120mm fan that can be added on the bottom which we add our quad-colored fan (See Below). It also allows for the power supply to be on the bottom which is important for cooling and also has dust filters across all of the fans.
Will this case fit under your desk? As a reminder, this is a Full Tower sized case. You may have to set it to the side of your desk, if it will not go underneath. Dimensions are 20.5″ L x 8.5″ W x 19.5″ H (20.5×8.5×19.5) (LxWxH) inches.
- Power Supply – We chose a 750w EVGA SuperNOVA Power Supply for a nice supply to the graphics card and to easily run other components.
- 750w Power Supply
- +12V@62.4A ensures optimal graphics card performance
- Dual Thermal Control System
- 10 Year Warranty!
Gaming Motherboard – We chose an ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX AMD Motherboard
- Quad-Core CPU – Only a CPU having a clock speed of over 4Ghz would qualify for a CoolTek system. That is why we chose the Quad-Core AMD FX-4350 Black Edition which offers a blazing 4.2Ghz stock speed, 8MB of L3 cache, and 4MB of L2 cache to handle all of your application and/or gaming needs without the need to
- AMD Quad-Core 4.2Ghz CPU
- 8mb L3 Cache
- 4mb L2 Cache
- DDR3 RAM – We chose G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C8D-16GTX (2x8GB) Dual-Channel giving you 16gb of DDR3 Speed 1866mhz but not only that, this model is one of the few that offers one of the fastest latency timings for this RAM speed. 8-9-9-24. Why we didn’t choose anything higher than 1866mhz would have required us to overclock the RAM which is not what we wanted to do or offer. 1866mhz is the fastest non-overclocking speed you can get for DDR3 RAM (at the moment, that is) and we also chose the set that has the fastest latency timings for this speed.
- 1866Mhz DDR3 RAM
- (2) 8GB sticks = 16GB total
- Fastest Latency (8-9-9-24)
- Lifetime Warranty!!!
- Main SSD (OS) – We chose the Samsung 850 Pro (256gb) to be the Main SSD drive that will hold your operating system. We chose this particular SSD because of the 10 year warranty that comes with it and the 256gb model is still one of the fastest out and beats the 128gb edition.
- 256Gb – Plenty of space for the OS and any main programs or game you run the most
- MTBF 2,000,000 hours
- 10 Year Warranty!
- Max Sequential Read Up to 550 MBps
- Max Sequential Write Up to 520 MBps
- 4KB Random Read Up to 100,000 IOPS
- 4KB Random Write Up to 90,000 IOPS
- Secondary Drive – One fast SSD drive is not enough to make a CoolTek PC. We also install a Western Digital Black 2TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive – 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch – WD2003FZEX to help keep your SSD fast by using this to store everything else into. We chose this because of the 7200RPM speed, capability and use of the 6gb/s transfer rate, 64mb of read/write cache instead of 32 or less, and because Western Digital offers a 5 Year warranty along with it! We recommend only installing your most used game or programs to the SSD for faster access times. Everything else can be downloaded or kept on this 2TB drive.
- 2TB of Space!
- 7200 RPM Speed
- 64MB of Cache
- 6Gb/sec Transfer Rate
- Dual-Core Processing
- 5 Year Warranty!
How much can 2TB hold?
- Graphics Card – We chose an EVGA GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) (2GB) Edition because it offers: 2GB of Virtual RAM, 256-Bit GDDR5 speed and bus width, Core Clock 822MHz, 2xDVI & 1xmini HDMI, 384 CUDA Cores, PCI Express 2.0 x16. EVGA seems to have higher speeds than other manufacturers of video cards that have similar performance. Multiple monitors can be hooked up to the two DVI ports on the back. This is the only used component in our CoolTek Desktops. For the price, this card beats a lot of new “off-brand” ones and is a solid choice for gaming. Our 90 Day Replacement Guarantee applies for this card. (The availability of the 560 Ti is determined at the time of purchase. If this card is not available, you may receive a higher model card in it’s place such as a 660 Ti, etc.. but the minimum card that our system’s use is a 560 Ti.)
- 2GB of Virtual RAM
- 256-Bit Architecture (not 128 or less)!
- 822MHZ Core Clock Speed
- 384 CUDA Cores
- PCI Express 2.0 x16
- 2 DVI Ports and 1 mini-hdmi port on the back
- Multiple monitors can be hooked up
- DVD-RW Drive – LG Internal 24x Super Multi with M-DISC Support SATA Model GH24NSC0B
- DVDRW/CDRW Drive
- 24x DVD write speed
- 48x CD-R Write Speed
- M-Disc Support
- 120mm Quad-Colored Fan for the optional fan at the bottom of the case. This will be installed to pull cool air upwards into the case.
- UV Black Cold Cathode Lights – These shine purple but emit a black light which, if you are wearing any white clothing, will make them shine blue!
Logitech MK120 Mouse & Keyboard Combo
Rosewill RNX-N300UB WiFi Adapter
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n – Complies with wireless 802.11b/g/n standards
- 300Mbps Wireless Speed – Satisfies all your internet need
- Mini Size – Easy to take on the road for your mobile requirement
- Internet Sharing – Shares your internet with soft AP function
- Advanced Security – Supports 64- and 128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2 encryption
Operating System: We chose Windows 7 Professional 64-bit edition to be the main Operating system for these computers. Windows 7 will have security updates from Microsoft until year 2020. For your convenience, the operating system will be activated and updated before being shipped out to you. It will also include a genuine COA sticker which will be on the back of the CoolTek Desktop.
Logitech H150 Headset: